Saturday 12 March 2011

Limited Edition Labyrinth Worm Plush

One of my favourite childhood movies is Labyrinth. I've actually lost count of the number of times I've seen it. Yes, I've owned it on VHS (remember them?) and just recently I got it on DVD. I'm a sucker for this film, and no, I didn't have a thing for David Bowie as the Goblin King.

Love the hair, and the trippy way he played with his balls

I wanted to be Sarah and save the little baby half brother, Toby. I wante to wear the princess dress and find my way out of the Labyrinth.

Oooh, pretty dress... Love those puffy 80s sleeves.

Imagine my excitement when my thinkgeek newsletter arrived in my inbox and I saw this?!





If you're not familiar with the film, you're probably looking at this plush toy and thinking "WTF is that!?" If you're a fan of Labyrinth, then you're probably salivating and thinking "How do I get me one of those?"

The toy is a giant sized version of the worm character that Sarah meets in the Labyrinth who, for some reason, has an English accent and wants her to meet the missus over a cup 'o' tea (oh, and happens to know the way through the Labyrinth, not that Sarah hears that part of the conversation). Yeah, it's a really tiny part of the movie, but Labyrinth memorabilia is so hard to come by.Here'e the scene from the film:



Well, I clicked my link in the newsletter only to find that they have sold out! Already! (sad face) Here's the link to thinkgeek site: Limited Edition Labyrinth Worm Plush

Here's hoping they restock "toot suite".

In the meantime, I found this cute Ludo coin pouch project on Cut Out and Keep:


See Labyrinth Ludo Coin Pouch and 1000's of others - or share your own on Cut Out + Keep

1 comment:

  1. I knitted my own Worm Plushie, what do you think?

    http://backtobusk.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/no-i-said-allo-but-thats-close-enough/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails